Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Beautiful You

Warning...this post may cause you to dig deep and think about yourself. I want to talk about a subject that I notice quite often when people are shopping for glasses. I notice that some are hard on themselves, and feel that they can not pull off a certain look with their glasses. Some try to stick with the norm, and wear a pair that is similar to what they have had because they do not want anyone to notice. This is my favorite type of person to work with! It takes some motivation from another for them to try something new. I have heard many comments like, "I could never wear that" or "what would people say".

I used to be the same way. I have a really high Rx and have worn glasses since I was a child. I got made fun of for having "coke bottle" lenses. Let's just say once I got introduced to contacts, glasses were non existent unless I was in a biology lab. I did not feel confident in my glasses. Even if people were not judging me, I made my mind think that they were. It was not until I started working in optical that I realized the way to be confident in my glasses. Even now I can still have a couple confidence problems with it, but choose to go about it in a different way. For me, I don't like how my Rx makes my eyes look big. One way to distract people from noticing my "big eyes" is to have a frame that is unique. Having a cool shape or funky color automatically takes the esteem to a new level.

I love hearing the words, "I would have never put that on" and "I get so many compliments in this unique frame". I can tell that people who step outside of their comfort zone are beaming with happiness. The truth is, if you say you can't do something, then you can not. If you believe that you can wear and do wonderful things, then by all means you can. 



I saw this quote on a Bare Minerals commercial and feel like I want to tell every woman I know. "You are pretty, beauty is what you do with it." How true is that? I get it! Now I don't want to get all sappy on everyone, because chances are you do not have a box of tissues and a bag of chocolates in your lap. However, I do feel that it is important to know that you are worth everything you believe you are. If you want to wear a hot pink, polka dot, tiger print, chunky plastic frame (not all together of course) then do it! I am very happy that I made the switch as I like to say. Sure I still love my classic frames that will match everything, but when I wear my multi-colored frames, I feel like I should be hanging out with movie stars. Not to be modest...I just want you to know how you could feel. I hope for you the best in your journey of looking at optical frames. Come see us and let us give you the style change of your life!

1 comment:

  1. Your advice made me go a whole new direction and I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete